How to Apply for PMAY Gramin
Are you thinking of how to apply PMAY Gramin? The Central Government has already laid out its mission of Housing for All by 2022 and in sync with the aim of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, the Government aims at offering incentives for rural housing throughout the country. This scheme provides financial support for eligible beneficiaries for developing pucca houses of their own, complete with all basic facilities including sanitation, drinking water and electric supply.
The scheme is called the PMAYG or Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Gramin. Homes built under this scheme are expected to be resilient in terms of facing disasters while being affordable and staying in sync with geo-climatic and socio-cultural aspects of the particular region in question. People staying in dilapidated homes in rural areas of India, with the exception of Chandigarh and Delhi, will also be eligible for applying under this scheme.
Key information about the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Yojana
The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Gramin) aims at ensuring 1 crore pucca homes over a period of 3 years between 2016-19 and onwards. The biggest benefit is that people living in kachcha and dilapidated homes will finally shift towards living in secure pucca homes. The Central Government has also made an allocation of approximately Rs. 10,000 crore for the PMAY-G scheme in its Union Budget for FY2020-21 with an aim towards developing 4 crore such homes throughout the country by the year 2022. This will benefit the rural poor immensely to say the least.
Here are some of the key benefits and features that you should know more about:
- Unit costs will be shared between State and Central Governments with the latter providing 60% and the former financing 40%. This applies for plain regions while in rural zones across the Himalayan States of Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir, along with the North-Eastern region, 90% of the cost will be borne by the Central Government. The State Government will be bearing only 10% of the unit costs in these areas.
- Financial assistance in plain regions will be Rs. 1.20 lakh per unit although this will be Rs. 1.30 lakh for units built in hilly regions, zones in the IAP (Integrated Action Plan) for Selected Tribal and Backward Districts and other difficult zones.
- Central Government financing will be 100% for homes built under this scheme in Union Territories such as the newly formed UT Ladakh.
- Beneficiaries will be employed as unskilled labor for a period of 90-95 days under the MGNREGA plan.
- Homes will be built with an emphasis on quality development, skilled workers, proper materials and good unit design.
- PMAY-G is tied to other schemes of the Central Government including Swachh Bharat Mission Gramin (SBMG) where financial support of Rs. 12,000 is offered for toilet construction.
- Homes built under this scheme will have 25 sq. meters as the minimum area along with amenities like power supply and clean spaces for cooking.
- Beneficiaries will be finalized on the basis of data submitted through the SECC (Social Economic and Caste Census) of 2011.
- Payment transfer will happen electronically to the account of the beneficiary provided it is linked to his/her Aadhar number or the post office account.
- Beneficiaries desirous of getting loans will be helped in getting financial support of up to Rs. 70,000 from lenders.
Loan subsidies and other vital details
After registering successfully for PMAY-G online, you can easily apply for a loan at a subsidized interest rate. Loans up to Rs. 70,000 will be sanctioned with subsidies up to 3% on a maximum amount of Rs. 2 lakh. The loan can exceed this amount although the subsidy is only applicable till this threshold. The loan tenor may extend to 20 years as well.
Here’s looking at the eligibility for getting your name onto the PMAYG list:
- You or any family member should not have any other pucca home anywhere in the country.
- Families having homes with zero/one/two rooms with kachcha roofs and walls are only eligible to apply in other categories.
- Households should have one adult above the age of 25 who is literate.
- Families without adult/male members in the age group of 16-59 years are eligible to apply.
- Families with disabled members and without any able-bodied individuals.
- Candidates who earn a living through casual labor and do not have any land of their own.
The Government will be looking closely at 2011 SECC data and priority will naturally be given to those who live in the worst circumstances or conditions. Also, if you own a motorized two, three or four wheeler or any agricultural equipment or fishing boat, you may not be eligible for the scheme. Exclusions also include those with Kisan Credit Cards, with spending thresholds of Rs. 50,000 or higher. Households with government employees earning in excess of Rs. 10,000 every month will naturally not be eligible. Exclusions also include households with members who pay income/professional taxes and families which have refrigerators or landline connections.
Documents and registration procedure
The documents needed to register for this scheme include bank account information, Aadhar card number, document providing consent for usage of this Aadhar information, SBM-G registration number and job card number which is registered under MGNREGA. You can visit the official PMAY-G site and accurately enter all information that is required.
Key in the Aadhar number and click on search. Once you find your name, choose Select to Register and then check all details which have been filled up automatically. Enter the remaining information accordingly and upload the form of consent while entering bank account details as well. If you want to obtain a loan, click Yes and choose the amount for the loan. Enter the card number for MGNREGA and SBMG number on the page which comes next. Visit the official page for PMAY beneficiaries, enter the registration number and click on Submit. The Advance Search option may also be availed in case you do not have your registration number.
Following these tips will help you understand more about the PMAY-G scheme along with learning how to apply, whether you are eligible or not and other vital details.