Getting enough sleep every single day is an integral part to improve the quality of your mental and physical health. Falling short on the number of hours of sleep your body requires can take a considerable toll on your productivity, daytime energy, emotional balance, etc. Unfortunately, many people find it difficult to get the requisite hours of sleep. A comfort mattress might come in handy in getting more sleep. Here are a few tips to stop struggling and get enough sleep:
- Get in touch with your body’s circadian rhythm or sleep-wake cycle. Keeping a regular schedule for your sleeping hours helps your body to fall asleep faster and get the requisite hours of sleep to function normally. You will wake up feeling refreshed and energised when you stick to the same sleeping schedules rather than altering it by an hour or two even if you have top quality mattresses.
- Determine how many hours of sleep your body needs by going to bed early. If you awaken before the alarm rings, and yet you feel fully rested, it means that your body requires only that many hours of sleep. However, if you still feel tired, it might be time to consider an earlier bedtime. Occasional late night can be managed by sneaking in an afternoon nap on a comfortable memory foam mattress.
- Many people make the mistake of sleeping on the weekends and changing their sleeping routine. This results in jetlag like symptoms which can be hard to shake off. In case you wind up turning in late during the weekend, make sure you stick to the morning wake up time and take a daytime nap to make up for the lost hours of sleep. This will help keep you sleep-wake cycle in sync.
- While napping is an excellent way to make up for lost sleep the previous night, it is essential to stick to short naps between fifteen to twenty minutes. This way, you won’t find it difficult to fall asleep at night.
- If you find yourself feeling drowsy after lunch or dinner, try to do something stimulating for your brain or body to prevent falling asleep. A nap after a heavy meal often messes up your bedtime routine and causes you to sleep later rather than earlier at night.
- Exposing yourself to morning sunlight is an excellent way to wake up faster. Your brain tends to secrete more melatonin when you are exposed to light. This chemical is responsible for making your brain alert. This is why some people prefer to sleep with their memory foam facing the window so that the sun shines through in the morning, making it easier for them to get.
- You can also control your melatonin production by taking your lunch breaks out in sunlight. You can even walk your dog, go for a walk or meet up with friends to soak up some extra melatonin.
- Leaving your curtains and blinds open is another way to give full access to bright sunlight to your home or office space. This will prevent your brain from feeling drowsy and help you have a productive day.
- Establishing bedtime routines are another way of helping your body get more sleep. You can start by keeping aside any bright screens at least one hour before bedtime. This will prevent your brain from getting stimulated and help it drift off to sleep. You can easily buy mattress online India from Wakefit to help set a bedtime routine.
- Avoid late night television before going to bed as it makes your brain more alert. This will make it harder to fall asleep. You can consider other more soothing activities like listening to music or reading a book instead.
- A darkened room is the best way to ensure that you get enough sleep every night. You can invest in thick curtains to prevent light from entering your bedroom. Investing in the best mattress brand in India is another way to ensure you get enough sleep.
At the end of the day, make sure that you get the required sleep to stay active and have a productive day!