How to Record the Screen on Your PC or iPhone?
Want to record your computer screen or iPhone? Almost every device including Android, iPhone, Windows PC, Mac, and others comes with built-in features to record their screen. Although the built-in functionality and operating systems support recording, in some cases you may have to go beyond basic screen recording. Besides, additional functionality that you get with certain software provides you with various options such as multiple recording and editing options which can be of great use.
Whether you are looking to record the screen on a Windows PC or a mobile device, here are step-by-step instructions on how to record your screen.
How to record screen on Windows?
Method 1: Record Using PowerPoint
Screen recording is not a built-in feature on Windows PC. However, you can do it easily via PowerPoint.
- Open PowerPoint.
- Click on the Insert tab and choose the Screen Recording
- Select the area you wish to record or you can select the entire screen and press Windows Key+Shift+F.
- Click the Record button or press Windows+Shift+R.
- Click Stop for stopping the recording or Windows+Shift+Q.
- Once you are done, you can save the recording as a video file.
Method 2: Record Using the Windows Game Bar
The Game Bar has been designed to record games as you play directly on your Windows 10 PC or stream from an Xbox One device. It comes built-in onto Windows 10. You can also use various other applications to capture your screen activity. Once you have recorded the activity, the video is generated automatically and can be saved as an MP4 file.
- To access the Game Bar, click on Settings, and then choose the Gaming
- Select Xbox Game Bar on the left pane and turn the switch ON to Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using the Game bar.
- You can modify any keyboard shortcuts associated with opening the Game Bar, recording the video, and taking a screenshot.
- If you connect your PC with an Xbox Controller, then you can activate the Game Bar by just pressing the Xbox button on the controller.
You can record any activity on windows and in most applications except the File Explorer, Windows Desktop, and certain other apps. Just navigate to the screen you wish to record and press Win+G for opening the Game Bar. Several widgets would appear on the screen with various controls for capturing the video, screenshots, or for broadcasting your screen activity.
You can perform any screen options you are interested in for the widgets to appear. Once you click on the screen, the widgets are replaced by a small floating bar in the top corner of the screen from where you can control the entire activity. Once the recording has been completed, a notification will be displayed informing you that the clip has been recorded. Click on the notification for opening the location of the recording.
Method 3: Record Using Capture Screen Recorder
If you are not comfortable following the above settings, or if they are too cumbersome, then you can rely on a multifunctional screen recorder freeware that supports game capture, video recording, and live stream.
ToolRocket brings you the easiest and hassle-free way to record your screen on Windows 10 with its app known as ToolRocket Capture Screen Recorder.
- Once you download the freeware by visiting the link, you can follow the onscreen instructions to install it.
- Go to Settings and customize the widget for hotkeys to control the recording such as Start/Stop and Annotate start/stop.
- Anytime you want to record the screen, just bring up the Capture Screen Recorder by using the hotkeys and control the area of screen recording.
- You can also make use of powerful brush tools to add arrows, lines, etc., for instructional videos.
- With Capture Screen Recorder freeware, your sound and picture will be automatically synchronized and you can save the output as MP4, AVI, and FLV.
- Save as any of the three formats: Original, SD, and HD.
Efficient widgets such as hotkeys, activation of a floating window, brush tools, and mouse pointer effects can be managed effortlessly while using the application. Go ahead and get Screen Recorder download online for free and manage your screen recordings without breaking a sweat.
How to screen record on the iPhone?
Method 1: Record Using Built-in Feature
Most iPhones come with a native feature for recording the screen. Here is the step-by-step procedure to record the screen on an iPhone.
- Go to the Settings > Control Center and access the Customize Controls
- Tap + next to the Screen recording
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen. In iPhone X, you will have to swipe down from the upper corner of the screen.
- Long press on the circle record option and tap on the Microphone for enabling audio recording.
- A red recording bar will appear on the screen once you start recording. Tap on the Stop screen recording? option to bring it up when it is done.
- Tap Stop to stop recording.
Method 2: Record Using Capture Screen Recorder
If you are looking for a convenient tool to assist you in recording high-quality screen capture videos on your iPhone, then you can consider using RecorderPro. It allows one tap screen recording with which you can record video chats, games, live streams, movies and move.
The tool is simple and flexible and provides powerful editing functions to trim and crop your recordings on-the-go. You can record high-quality videos that play smoothly and are watermark-free. The option to record in both portrait and landscape mode is available. Follow these steps below to record your iPhone screen –
- To record your screen, you need to open RecorderPro app and tap on the Record Now
- You can choose to either turn on or off the microphone.
- Tap the Start Livestream option to start recording. The recording starts after a 3-sec countdown.
- The recording can be ended by tapping on “Stop”. You can conveniently manage your recordings through the app.