Mumbai, 06 December 2013: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe announced the worldwide release of Gran Turismo®6 (GT6™), the latest iteration of the best-selling PlayStation® franchise available exclusively for PlayStation®3. Polyphony Digital Inc., developer of ‘the real driving simulator’, has delivered the most authentic experience to date to celebrate the franchise’s 15th Anniversary. Complete with the most realistic physics engine and massive online functionality, GT6 offers a staggering collection of more than 1,200 of the world’s best cars and 37 tracks, featuring seven new venues that include the iconic Silverstone Circuit, Australia’s Mount Panorama and Spain’s Ascari Race Resort.
Speaking on the occasion Mr. Atindriya Bose, Country Head, PlayStation India said, “GT6 will reinforce the thrills of car racing through the convergence of the virtual and the real world with its special attention to prescision and real driving simulation. Focusing on the car and racing enthusiasts, we ran a month long partnership with Mercedes Benz as a build up to the final launch event of Gran Turismo 6 in the India market. We are confident that GT6 will set new standards for car racing on gaming consoles”
Gran Turismo 6 delivers the most complete and expansive racing game on any console. Highlights of the new game include:
- Expansive Roster of Cars – More than 1,200 cars in total and over 120 new cars added to the line-up in GT6. Fans can expect an even greater selection of cars included in the game including historic cars, road cars and the latest race cars from popular series such as the FIA GT3, Le Mans Series, World Rally Championship and Nascar. For an out-of-this-world experience, players of Gran Turismo 6 will also be able to unlock a special event featuring the unique Lunar Rover vehicle.
- World Famous Circuits – From the Nürburgring to the beautiful scenery of Andalucia, to a neon-lit original Kart course, Gran Turismo continues to recreate wonderful tracks, adding brand-new, real-world tracks such as Silverstone Circuit, Ascari Race Resort, Goodwood Hillclimb, Willow Springs International Raceway, Brands Hatch and Australia’s Bathurst Mount Panorama circuit as well as original circuits including Gran Turismo Arena, Matterhorn and a revised Apricot Hill Raceway.
- Riveting Online Gameplay – Players of Gran Turismo 6 will be able to participate in online races and communicate with players from all over the world in the network rooms. A forthcoming update will also add a community feature that is compatible with mobile devices.
- The latest technology for the ultimate experience – New dynamics, achieved through an innovative partnership with leading tyre manufacturer Yokohama and race suspension experts KW, combine with improved aerodynamics, adaptive tessellation and a greatly enhanced HDR rendering engine to give GT6 the best and most accurate feeling yet.
- All-new user interface – A totally redesigned user interface will make GranTurismo 6 easy to navigate, intuitive and more social.
- Regular updates will enhance and expand Gran Turismo 6 – while the day one experience of Gran Turismo 6 will be stunning, the game is set to evolve and develop with regular updates adding new features, functions, cars, tracks and other content.
- Driving the Future: Vision Gran Turismo – Polyphony Digital has agreements in place with 28 global automotive and other brands to create new car projects under the innovative Vision Gran Turismo initiative, underlining Gran Turismo’s unique standing in the automotive world. With Mercedes-Benz having already revealed a full-scale model of its AMG Vision Gran Turismo car two weeks ago at the LA Auto Show, a number of new teaser sketches have been revealed by Yamauchi-san. The programme celebrates 15 years of Gran Turismo and owners of GT6 can look forward to being the first to try cars that represent the future of driving. The list of participating companies includes: Alfa Romeo, Alpine, Aston Martin, Audi, Bertone, BMW, Daihatsu, Ford, GM, Hyundai, Honda, Infiniti, Italdesign, Jordan, Lamborghini, Lexus, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, Mitsubishi, Nike, Nissan, Peugeot, Subaru, SRT(Chrysler), Tesla, Toyota, Volkswagen, Zagato.
- Red Bull X Series revealed – Following on from the popular collaboration with Red Bull, revealed at the launch of GT5, that spawned the Adrian Newey-designed ultimate race car, the Red Bull X2010, Gran Turismo 6 will go even further by featuring three new Red Bull cars: the Red Bull X2014 Fan car (X2014/F), the Red Bull X2014 Standard car (X2014/S) and the Red Bull X2014 Junior car (X2014/J). These three cars were designed by Polyphony Digital Inc. in collaboration with Adrian Newey, Chief Technical Officer of four-time F1 champions Red Bull Racing.
Gran Turismo 6 is available at retailers from 6 December, 2013 priced at Rs.3, 499 for the Standard Edition and Rs. 4,299 for the Anniversary Edition.
About Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE), based in London, is responsible for the distribution, marketing and sales of PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®2, PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) and PlayStation®Network software and hardware in 109 territories across Europe, the Middle East, India, Africa and Oceania. SCEE also develops, publishes markets and distributes entertainment software for these formats, and manages the third party licensing programs for the formats in these territories.
More information about PlayStation products can be found at www.in.playstation.com.