SBI Home Loan is accessible to individuals who wish to purchase or construct a house. The property is guaranteed to the moneylender as a security till the repayment of the loan. The bank or financial institution will hold the deed to the property till the loan has been paid back with the interest due for it. The State Bank of India offers a variety of schemes to masses so that they can build their dream house. The loans are provided to individuals who match the eligibility criteria including rural customers.
SBI Home loans have been voted “THE MOST PREFERRED HOME LOAN PROVIDER” in AWAAZ Consumer Awards along with the MOST PREFERRED BANK AWARD in a survey conducted by TV 18 in association with AC Nielsen-ORG Marg in 21 cities across India.
The unique advantages of SBI Home Loans are as follows:
- Low Processing Charges.
- Package of exclusive benefits.
- Low interest rates. With charging interest on a daily reducing balance!!
- No hidden costs or administrative charges.
- No prepayment penalties. Reduce your interest burden and optimally utilize your surplus funds by prepaying the loan.
- Over 15,969 branches nationwide, you can get your Home Loan account parked at a branch nearest to your present or proposed residence.
- State Bank Rewardz for Home Loan.
The interest rates, the eligibility and the documents required for availing the SBI Home Loans can be accessed on https://www.sbi.co.in/portal/web/interest-rates/home-loans-interest-rates . One can also apply online for availing the Home Loan from SBI online portal.
SBI Home loans and fee charges
- The processing fee for the loan amount is 0.25% and subject to a minimum of Rs1000 for loans up to Rs.25 lakhs, Rs.6500 for loans above Rs.25 lakhs and up to Rs.75 lakhs and Rs.10, 000 for loans above Rs.75 lakhs.
- Other actual charges to be paid pre-sanction of the loan amount are the advocate’s fee for property search and the title investigation report and valuer’s fee for the valuation report.
- Actual charges payable post-sanction of the loan amount are Stamp Duty payable for Loan agreement and mortgage, Property insurance premium, processing fee recovered and CERSAI registration fee of Rs.250 plus applicable service tax for up to Rs.5 lakhs limit and Rs.500 plus the applicable service tax for limit above Rs.5 lakhs
- There is no pre-closure or pre-payment penalty charged for Home Loans by the bank.
Below you can find different types of SBI Home loans:
1) SBI FLEXIPAY HOME LOAN:
This type of Home Loan guarantees Higher Home Loan eligibility with flexible repayment option. Upto 1.2 times higher loan eligibility compared to loan eligibility under normal Home Loan schemes available to working professionals / executives. Loan amount, however, must be Rs.20 Lacs or higher.
2) SBI MAXGAIN Home Loan:
This guarantees Home Loan as an overdraft. An innovative and customer-friendly product enabling the customers to earn optimal yield on their savings by reducing interest burden on Home Loans, with no extra cost. Minimum loan amount must be Rs.20 Lacs and there is no upper cap.
3) SBI PAL Home Loan:
This is a Pre-Approved Home Loan which provides sanction of Home Loan limits to the customers before finalization of the property which enables them to negotiate with the Builder/Seller confidently. Minimum loan amount is Rs.10 Lacs
4) SBI TRIBAL PLUS Home Loan:
This one is a Special Home Loan Scheme designed for Hill/Tribal areas (where mortgage of the property is not possible) for extending financial assistance to individuals. The maximum loan amount is Rs. 10 Lacs and there is no minimum cap.
5) GRAM NIWAS Home Loan:
Scheme covers all Rural and Semi-urban centres having population up to 50,000 as per 2001 census. Home Loans under Gram Niwas Scheme are sanctioned for purchase/ construction/repair and renovation of house and purchase of plot for construction of a house/shed etc. Maximum loan amount is Rs. 5 Lacs and there is no minimum cap.
6) SAHYOG NIWAS Home Loan:
The Sahyog Niwas Scheme provides Home Loan to Self help groups, having good payment record of 2 years, for on lending to their members for purchase or construction of a house exclusively or including the housing needs of activities carried by them (Dairy shed etc.) and renovation or repair of an existing house/shed. Home Loan amount under Sahyog Niwas Scheme is restricted to 10 times of the saving corpus of SHG subject to a maximum amount of Rs. 50,000/ per member.
7) SBI PRIVILEGE HOME LOAN
This loan is availed only by Employees of Central / State Governments including PSBs, PSUs of Central Government, and other individual(s) with pensionable service.
8) SBI SHAURYA HOME LOAN
This loan can be availed by eligible Defense Personnel belonging to Army, Navy and Air force.
For more information on the above products please visit https://www.sbi.co.in/portal/web/personal-banking/home-loan-products